I'll also add that for the week we tried to learn about 3 new dinosaur facts each day :) What I noticed: During the following activities and projects the kids were able to work on our facts through play! They could work on dinosaur names, talk about their traits...or use our project ideas in their play. Woo-hoo!
Fun Group Projects
1. Make Your Own Dinosaur Soap
2. Make Dinosaur Footprint Fossils
3. Predicting: A Dinosaur Surprise!
4. Dino World Fossil Kits
Engaging Centers or Work Stations
5. Books, Books, Books!
Here are a few of the kids favorites this week:
1. Oh Say Can You Say Di-No-Saur? by Bonnie Worth
2. Dinosaur Bones by Bob Barner
3. ABC Dinosaurs from American Museum of Natural History (this was an awesome book with new pictures based on the new findings about dinosaurs)
4. The Mine-0-Saur by Sudipta Bardhan-Quallen
5. First Encyclopedia of Dinosaurs and Prehistoric Life by Usborne
AND, for something more comical (if your kids like that sort of thing):
6. Golilocks and The Three Dinosaurs by Mo Willems
6. Dinosaur Puzzles
7. Invitation to Play: Dinos and Dough
8. Invitation to Play: Dinos and Blocks
9. Big Dinosaurs With Wooden Blocks
10. Dinosaur Stencils
11. Color-Your-Own Dinosaur Stickers
**Plus, if you give them colored pencils it is a great workout for their growing fingers!